Dog breed that is the Greatest of All Time? Shiba Inu = G.O.A.T.
(1) indelibly independent, a well renowned dog breeder with whom we trained a Shikoku said "there is no purpose in trying to TRAIN a Shiba, it can't be done",
(2) everything for them begins with a "no"... as in, NO, I'm not interested in listening to you, NO, I'm not interested in being too friendly, NO, I'm not in need of a master because I am the master,
(3) everything for them ends with a "mine"... as in, that toy is MINE, the food is "MINE" and whatever you have that I might want is MINE,
(4) epitome of a small dog with a big dog mentality... take it from us, this "little" Shiba fears no one and no thing, our Shikoku are rightfully afraid of her,
(5) mercurial... as in, she can snuggle for hours and make you think she is a sleeping angel, OR, she can be as feisty as Elon Musk before a quarterly earnings call with his Board of Directors,
(6) so intelligent that you will always feel a bit lower down on the IQ ranking than you might be, they read your mind like a swarthy svengali,
(7) catlike in their reflexes, nothing is safe within a 2 meter jump, and god save you if they are left at home alone and bored... nothing is safe, NOTHING and
(8) AMAZING, all of the so-called challenging character traits listed above are what make you fall in love with them everyday, 100 times a day... there is something special about this Spitz breed that cannot be articulated... possibly the G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) in terms of breeds.